top of page
  • Writer's picturelabellelakeidaho

Marriage License How-To Guide

Before we dive into the how-to's of the marriage license, we want to be clear that this is specifically for Jefferson County in Rigby, Idaho. This is a marriage license how-to guide for what you need to do to get legally married at LaBelle lake.

In order for your marriage to be legal, you must obtain a marriage license before your wedding ceremony. The process of obtaining a marriage license in Idaho can be found on the State website: but we've listed what you will need to do below!

Both applicants must go to the Country Recorder's Office in Idaho. LaBelle Lake is located in Jefferson County whose County Recorder's Office is located at 210 Courthouse Way Suite 100 Rigby, Idaho, 83442, and is open from 9 am to 4:30 pm.

Schedule your appointment at 208-745-7756

You will need to bring:

  • $28 for the license fee. It's best to bring cash for this.

  • A social security number for each of you.

    • Important Note: Non-U.S. residents should bring identification from the country in which they are a citizen. No SSN? Obtain a letter from the nearest Social Security Office.

A form of ID may be any of the following:

  • Current drivers license

  • Passport

  • Birth Certificate

  • State-issued identification card

Application Requirements:

  • Both parties need to appear at the Recorder's Office in person for application processing

  • Both parties need forms of photo identification - Drivers license or State issued identification

  • Parties that are 17 and under must have Parent or Guardian consent - ID Required

  • Cost is $28

Additional Information:

  • If you plan to be married in another state you will need to get a marriage license from that state.

  • In Idaho there is no waiting period or blood test required

  • Two copies of the license and marriage certificate are issued. Both copies of the license are to be filled out by the minister or official solemnizing the marriage. One copy of the license is to be returned to the County Recorder within 30 days of the date of marriage for recordation. Review Idaho Code Title 32-402 for more information.

  • Per Idaho Code Title 32-205 and Idaho Code Title 32-206, marriages between parents and children, ancestors and descendants of every degree, and between brother and sisters of the half (1/2) as well as whole blood, and between uncles and nieces, or aunts and nephews, and between first cousins is prohibited.

Photos by Sophie McLean @sophs_photos

43 views0 comments


bottom of page